Dead Club House

Dead Club House
Haunted House in Cambridge

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Living room Ghost

I woke up once, sitting on the end of my couch.  I had fallen asleep watching some television.  I started, sitting up straight and opening my eyes.   I was alone in the house but the figure of a man walked by me.  I shook my head clear and he was gone.  He was an older man, white, wearing a plaid shirt and khaki pants.  He walked with purpose between the end of the couch and the side table.  He wasn’t even looking at me. 
My friend Korinne once awoke in the living room and saw an older white man sitting in my arts and crafts rocker.  I was appalled but she said he looked happy to be there.
Two owners ago, before the Tom the truck driver and his family, the Taylors, a white couple and their son, lived in the house. The husband was a tin man, sold siding and formstone .  His company covered the shingle house with formstone; there’s a plaque on the southwest corner to prove it.   The husband died first and the old woman lived alone before she died, so said Tom.  They had cats.
Is Mr. Taylor stuck in the living room?  Is he waiting for friends to drop by?
So much history is lost. 

5 comments:

  1. Have you ever done the ghost tour in old Ellicott City? You might find that interesting, plus it's just fun to walk around the old buildings especially during this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only Fells Point ghost tour-ed. I hear good things about the Ellicott City one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My grandpa's house has a ghost, but I've never researched who we think it is. I think you've inspired me.

    ReplyDelete